Monday, July 07, 2008

Vivent les vacances

Last week was the end of year staff meeting and meal, so now I'm officially on holiday until September. I keep being asked what I'm going to do for the next couple of months; the plan, in no particular order, is:

1) Get married. Yes, I'm making an honest woman of Mme le Prof, or she's making an honest man of me, I'm not sure which. Not that there was anything particularly dishonest about what we were doing before, of course. Still, it makes a good knees up and we might get a few presents out of it, which will come in handy for (2) and (3).

2) Move flats. I'm about to become a real Parisian, not just a suburbunite. Wooo!

3) Find and build furniture. The new flat is unfurnished, so I eagerly anticipate spending much of August building flatpack wardrobes. What fun.

4) Start new job. I've found a job teaching Business English to university students, which should be safer though probably less fun to blog about. We'll see in the autumn anyway.

So that's probably it from me this summer. The whole country pretty much closes down over the summer months, so I'll be back in September. In the meantime, have some classic Alice Cooper:

No comments: