Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cheese!

One of the great things about living in France is the food, so when a colleague gave me two free tickets to the Salon Saveurs des Plaisirs Gourmands last week, I jumped at it. We ended up spending far too much on saucisson and, of course, cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.

One stall had years-old cheeses that Mme le Prof said looked like they'd been dug up by archaeologists in Pompeii. Still, the one we got was very nice, if a bit strong. I may miss English sausages, but I'd miss French cheese more if I ever moved back.

2 comments:

Mrs T, London said...

Colin and I (and baby Colinetta but fortunately she didn't partake) did a similar thing in Borough Market a couple of weekends ago. With hindsight it wasn't such a great idea tasting unpasteurised cheese on a red hot day and we both ended up with food poisoning, with a crawly, kicky and poky baby to look after and entertain whilst feeling like death. Not recommended.

El Gringo Vasco said...

yeah, I've been with a Frenchie for a while and their adoration for the fromage is remarkable.

My favorite part is pouring myself more wine, a companion for the cheese, and for myself, well, more cheer!