Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy new year

Like most teachers, my year starts in September, so technically tonight is New Year's Eve and I should be out getting plastered, but I'm far too old and sensible for that kind of organised happiness. And I certainly can't go out on school nights any more.

Anyway, in case you've been wondering where I've been, there are two main reasons for my absence over the last year. It's partly because university students just aren't as blogworthy as teenagers, but mainly because I became a dad in the spring. That's right, M. and Mme le Prof now have a proflet of their very own! This means I've spent the summer having to get up in the middle of the night, and spending much of the day keeping him quiet. If you've ever taught teenagers on an English language summer school, you'll know the feeling only this time it feels much more rewarding.

Anyway, my resolution for this year is to try and be a bit more regular in my blogging. Hope all the teachers reading this have got decent timetables without too many gaps (I'm still waiting for mine). If you're just starting your new year, have a good one, and if you've just finished a summer school then you have my sympathies.

No comments: