Monday, November 19, 2007

Teaching advice

As a stagiaire en situation, I still have to attend some teacher training even though I have a PGCE. So I'm off to IUFM for the next two weeks. I don't mind as it gives me the chance to learn about the more "official" things about the French system, and I get a fortnight away from the kids. Yaay!

The downside is having to cross Paris in the middle of the transport strikes, but since that means one crowded train every half hour or so, it's not actually that different from when I lived in Lewisham and had to ride Connex into Central London every morning.

Anyway, today I had the best advice I've ever heard from a trainer in 15 years:



You're not paid to tire yourself out, you're paid to tire the kids out.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're more than welcome to come round and have a go at tiring your darling niece out if you want practice.